Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Idol Final Showdown

I was really excited for American Idol tonight. I looked forward to it all day and was slightly disappointed by tonight's final performances. The contestants were to sing 3 songs tonight...one they previously sang, a song picked by Idol creator Simon Fuller and their first single if they were to win written by Kara. The night started off with Adam Lambert. He's my pick to win. He started off singing Mad World. It was a song he had done previously in the competition. It was good but I had seen it before. Kris Allen is up next singing Ain't no Sunshine. Again it was a song he sang before so I didn't think it was anything special. The judges commented and Simon declared Kris the winner of round 1. For the next round Adam sang Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cook. It was fantastic. Kris followed up by singing What's Going On by Marvin Gaye. Then came the final song of the night 'No Boundaries' written by judge Kara Dioguardi. Each contestant sang the song and Adam blew Kris out of the water. He had so much more power behind his voice than Kris does and I found Kris was lost in the big Nokia Theatre. I also liked how Adam changed his wardrobe for each song and really presented a rock star front whereas Kris came out in a long sleeved shirt and ripped jeans. I still think it's too close to call. There are a lot of votes that went to Danny last week that are up in the air this week. I have a feeling that those votes will be going to Kris because their music is similar. One things for sure is that American Idol is the show to watch tomorrow. Don't forget to set your PVR's to run late as Ryan Seacrest said they will be running over time. I don't understand this. They have 2 hours to announce the winner and it's still not enough time. Maybe if Idol stopped all the nonsense...we'll get to the results after the break...they might finish on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment